This church was originally called St. Martins, and was on a completely different site, down by the Garron Brook.  In 1855 the old church was demolished and the present church was built t Brelstone Green, Marstow.  The Consecration was in 1857 but due to an oversight all marriages up until May 1912 were not actually valid!  Fortunately a hurried Act of Parliament put this right, so descendants of anyone married during this period can heave a sigh of relief.  Incidentally, this was not the only church - there were four others in England who did not have the authorisation to marry people.  Important names include Morris;  Trafford, Herbert and Harfall

This church was originally called St. Martins, and was on a completely different site, down by the Garron Brook. In 1855 the old church was demolished and the present church was built t Brelstone Green, Marstow. The Consecration was in 1857 but due to an oversight all marriages up until May 1912 were not actually valid! Fortunately a hurried Act of Parliament put this right, so descendants of anyone married during this period can heave a sigh of relief. Incidentally, this was not the only church - there were four others in England who did not have the authorisation to marry people. Important names include Morris; Trafford, Herbert and Harfall. PLEASE SEE SEPARATE PAGE FOR PHOTOS OF SPECTACULAR REPRODUCTION OF MICHAELANGELO'S LAST SUPPER